At St Benedict’s Catholic Primary School this is some of the early help we can offer you:
- Parent/carer ‘drop in’ – come and see any member of the Safeguarding Team – Mrs Orrell, Mrs Elwin, Mrs Gillespie, Mrs Abbott (usually on KS1 playground each morning), if you need support with your child’s learning, behaviour or anything else that you may be worried about.
- Nurture - if your child has any worries encourage them to go and speak to Mrs Abbott, Mrs Wilcox and Mrs O’Callaghan.
- Early Help Assessment (EHA) - an EHA involves listening to you to find out what help you need and talking about what is working well in your life. Based on what you say and what help you would like, a plan is formulated so that professionals can work together to make sure you get the right sort of help. Mr Perry will meet with parents/carers to carry out EHA.
- Refer to outside agencies such as: Family Outreach Team, parenting courses, our School Health Advisor, Warrington Youth Club, St Joseph’s Family Centre, Play Therapist and local children’s centres.
- Support to complete forms and other paperwork such as: admissions to High school and Disability Living Allowance.
Further information can be found on the Warrington Borough Council website.
Warrington Safeguarding Partnership
The Child and Social Work Act 2017 requires the Local Authority, the local Clinical Commissioning Group and the police force for an area (The “Safeguarding Partners”) to make arrangements to work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in the area. Please click here for more information about Warrington's Safeguarding Partnership.